Thursday, August 27, 2009

We have just got back from a little holiday. Getting away always sounds like hell to me, but once we are packed and on the move it is definitely worth it. It is so nice to be away from the mess of home and the perpetual "to dos" which we are either working on or guiltily ignoring whilst watching "So you think you can dance". We were staying at our friends house to house/dog/bird sit, but they also happen to live close to the beach and town so our wee offspring got lots of new stimulation. I always get a little nervous outside of my home comfort zones and I guess there is good reason. I often feel that going out with my little man can be akin to something out of "Marley and Me"...he is fearless and, let's face it, pretty stupid at this age which means he gets himself (and me) into all kinds of calamities. I am not any better I have to say - what hope does he have with a mother who reverses into Stop signs, drives into gas pumps and (my husband's favourite) repeatedly slams her body into a friends door assuming it was frozen shut..only to hear a polite cough on the other side and a quiet voice state"ummm it actually opens the other way". This time I managed to shoot my son like a human canon ball out the other side of what, I swear had to have been, a freshly waxed slide at a nearby playground. He literally took flight some feet at the end, as I stood looking like killer mum at the top. To make matters even better I felt the quickest way to reach my baby was the way he'd just come. As I awkwardly kneel/sat onto the top of the slide, my skirt wrapped its way up to my head and my mum pants were out on display for the whole descent! Playgrounds and my son always seem to get a little too adventurous for me. Only a month earlier I managed to witness my boy worm his way through a locked gate (Go GO Gadget) to run free into the wooded acreage on the other side. How hilarious it was for him to see me scaling the wire fence, ripping both my shorts and my arse!! I managed to catch the little bugger, hoist both of us back over the fence and quickly left the place with my head held high and my bottom in full torn view. My husband questions whether I actually ever played as a child - while he watches me struggling onto a tyre swing or such like with the hands of a completely confused novice. I'm beginning to see why I probably didn't!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahahaha oh my god, laughing my bum off... like I did when I heard about little boy running off the first time. hahahahaha sorry....

    ReplyDelete