Monday, August 31, 2009

Repeat after me I must not play around with the Routine..I must not play around with the routine..

Ok so I played around with the routine of the day and am now paying for it with a cranky child who is not napping, but crying or jumping like a bean in his cot. I am driven to distraction and feeling very frustrated ..particularly because I am a very, very silly girl who thought she could play a little bit around with the routine. I absolutely hate it when there isn't a break in the day with the nap...it is amazing how angry it makes me. My nerves are still raw from what felt like a year of crying and little sleep when we were first introduced to the joys of parenthood and I jump straight back to feeling as though he will never sleep again. I guess this is why we don't play around with routine and why you will see mothers sweating profusely with a crazed look in their eye around noon, panic stricken at the thought that they may not be home in time for that lifesaving nap/quiet time. Well I should go and free the boy from his chains I guess.....is it nearly 7pm yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment