Monday, May 17, 2010

Market Days are here again!!




SO after a big break from both markets and blogging I am back! It had been 4 years since my last market at Moss St in Victoria and I am so very happy to be back there again. It really is one of the best environments - great atmosphere, great produce / products, kind vendors and wonderful customers - mix that up with some ambient music and a gorgeous day - what a recipe for a happy market day. 4 years ago I was at Moss St selling tea cosies out of pre-loved (as is the "PC" term I understand) fabric. It was such a great experience and made me decide that I did want to try to sell my products - but there is only so much scope for one item like a tea cosie!! So away I went for 4 years - thinking, thinking abt stuff - experimenting and learning to sew properly with a really kind lady who took me on to help her with her own work. 4 years later I think I am really starting to develop something that could work and that I have such fun thinking abt, making and last minute fiddling with. Sometimes we really don't know where we are going to end up and what it is that we are going to do. I never was that person who knew exactly what they wanted to do for their work - I only knew I wanted to LOVE whatever it was I did. SO I have spent 15 years doing work I haven't particularly loved - spending a lot of time brewing what I COULD do. It makes me smile when people look at handcrafted things and snort or tusk saying - "god anyone could make or do that". When I think of all the painstaking time this little stall has taken to start to bud - it really isn't the easy option that people think!! I still have no idea what will develop from this - but I do feel I am at the beginning of something finally good for me and right now I am loving the buzzing going on in my head!! SO I have come back to my little blog just to say hi - sorry I have been so absent - it has felt a little foggy in UnPc land - but I hope the clouds are now clearing in my head and in the sky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment